16.9.09

OSI Prompt 81: Thirst

My Bellavia brings us this week's prompt, thirst. These are the words that came to my mind.


I drank from her heavenly eyes in barren deserts
I swam in the unfathomed depths of her loving heart
The promise of her sight, my shower of blessings
A touch of her hand, the rain, the mist.


Today, I have a religion but no faith inside
The clouds are charred in the burning sky
Parched souls, heartbreak is an eternal decree
I never knew what thirst was, till love left me by the sea.

3 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

I know this feeling like I can't even tell you.

Patti said...

This is good! You have great imagery and an excellent choice of words. We have all been there...

Cassiopeia Rises said...

All love is fleeting. I realy don't think it is real. Only death is for sure. Good poem.


love-Melanie-bhd