16.3.09

For One Single Impression March 15


The One Single Impression prompt this week : FAREWELLS
I am trying my hand at three different views. Lemme know which one you liked the most, if any :)

The Widow

Till death do us part, we once vowed
I watched my man, rise and fall
You are gone today, your drink untouched
At last, the beating would stop now.

Together, no more

The first time you saw me, you trembled
You cried, the first time you felt me
Princess, i have to let you go
a night before Prom, I Fare thee well
Your Zit

A Marriage Proposal

Barefoot she walked away, crushing the wild flower buds
My dreams glimmered, unborn in her eyes
A ring denied a worthy proposal
Perhaps the diamond should've been bigger.

10 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

These are each so reminiscent of life times. Well done.

SandyCarlson said...

Those small things that are deal breakers sure are heart breakers, too.

gautami tripathy said...

Liked both. Say so much differently.

washed by words

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

All are different, yet the message is the same.

I most related to the "Widow", as abuse have been such a part of my life.

Anonymous said...

A zit..ha. Hmm..last first but I thought the first one was sharp-

floreta said...

great series of poems.

Anonymous said...

'deal breakers' & 'heart breakers'_
many thanks for sharing this..

marde said...

The last one is my fovorite. 'Barefoot she walked away, crushing the wildflower buds/ My dreams glimmered, unborn in her eyes..' I love the echo in the last line of the sense in the first of the crushed wildflower buds. Tender & poetic! I wonder, if a bigger ring turned her around, might her love be unworthy?

Patti said...

I like them all - they are so different. The first one I think is the most powerful, the second one humorous, and the third melancholic...nicely done!

Sij said...

@Tumblewords, Kilauea Poetry, Floreta, Gautami, Zoya : Thank you for your words and for liking at least one of the three :)

@SandyCarlson : Thank you, "small things that are deal breakers sure are heart breakers"..what a nice thought.

@Amias : We all relate to the pain, somehow. Thank you for liking the three of them

@Marde : Thanks for liking them. Truly, nobody's worthy of love but we all still get it, free or paid.

@Patti : Thanks for liking all three and for describing them in your words.Loved that.